From Project 54/74
Getting from package to schematic goes something like this:
- Decapsulating, either by heat for ceramic packages, or by hot sulfuric acid for plastic packages.
- Imaging to photograph the die.
- Stitching to stitch together the images into one big image.
- Often, Delayering to remove the glass and metal, if they obscure features, followed by another round of imaging.
- Annotation of the images to determine the components and their connections.
- Schematization, which is just using KiCad to draw the schematic.